Trish's Dish

Monday, February 27, 2006

I SAW JAY MCCARROLL!!!

I SAW JAY MCCARROLL YESTERDAY!!!!

I think I may have mentioned on here before that Jay used to do winter guard when he was a college student in Pa. (he actually went to some small school in Philly, but the guard was from West Chester University - Field of View). You can even see him spinning on "Project Jay".

Anyway, yesterday I was the Winter Guard International Mid-Atlantic Championships at Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, NJ. I was there with my group and I was sitting in the stands. At the end, before they announced the scores, they played the National Anthem. After everyone sat back down, the announcer said "before we announce the scores, we have a very special announcement to make..."

"We have a special guest in our audience today. He used to perform in WGI as a member of Field of View and now is better know as the winner of season 1 of Bravo TV's Project Runway and the star of his own special "Project Jay" - Jay McCarroll"

I DID have my camera, but was so unprepared!!!! When they began the announcement, I didn't know where he was. Turns out he was in the section below me!!! He did stand and wave!!! He still had the haircut Jason gave him!!! If you could have only heard the young color guard girls screaming!!! I said to my boyfriend you would have thought they said Justin Timberlake was in the house!! LOL I saw lots of camera phones snapping. I will definitely send pics if I come across anyone that got some!!!!

For more info on the event itself, go to www.wgi.org

Trish

1 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    I LOVE that Jay got such a great reception! Just goes to show how popular PR really is. THIS season's ratings have surpassed last years!

    Followed you from Blogging Project Runway. GREAT photos from the Manhattan store.

    Phil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home